There are a variety of options when it comes to senior living communities, and it's important to choose the one that's right for you. For adults who are retired and ready to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle with added conveniences, independent living communities are a fantastic option.
Related Blog: 10 Reasons to Move to an Independent Living Community
What Is Independent Living?
According to one definition, independent living is, "A living arrangement that maximizes independence and self-determination...". But what does that mean in the real world?
Many older adults wish to stay active during their retirement years, but they may be tired of the hassles of caring for a home and yard, running errands, cooking, and more. Some of them may be tired of maintaining a car. Others may be having a hard time getting up and down the stairs in their current home and they want a safer arrangement as they get older.
Independent living communities are the answer to all of these preferences.
What Independent Living Is Not
The purpose of independent living is to give seniors a home of their own while connecting them with like-minded individuals and providing a place where they can do everything they enjoy. It is not a skilled nursing community nor an assisted living community.
Some independent living communities run in conjunction with nearby assisted living and skilled nursing facilities; however, those types of communities meet different needs. If someone can no longer dress himself, or if someone regularly forgets to take her medications, an assisted living community may be the ideal place. If someone has a serious medical condition, skilled nursing offers the around-the-clock medical care and supervision required. Assisted living and skilled nursing provide the additional security, assistance, and medical attention you or your loved one requires to live their best life.
Independent living communities provide resources, including health care resources, but residents don't require daily assistance. They maintain control over their schedules and daily lives. For an independent living resident, it's just like living at home—with a few fantastic perks.
A Luxury Resort Lifestyle
Independent living communities like Jacaranda Trace provide a resort lifestyle. Not only do residents have several condominiums and free-standing villas to choose from, they can also enjoy a wide variety of amenities and services:
- Health Care: Doctors, therapists, home care nurses, and more provide their services on-site. We're also able to respond to medical emergencies to quickly provide the care you need during such an event. Caregivers and nurses can also help you with medications, take your blood pressure, and more.
- Dining Options: You can cook at home, of course. If you'd rather not, there are a variety of on-site dining options, from casual to formal, to suit your taste buds.
- Fitness and Nutrition: A state-of-the-art fitness facility, pool, nutritional guidance, and emotional support options all help you design a sustainable—and enjoyable—healthy lifestyle.
- Activities: There's something to suit every interest! From games to flower arranging, movies to dancing, ping pong to the travel club—there are events, classes, and excursions happening every day of the week.
- Socializing: Your friends are nearby! Invite them for dinner or join them for happy hour. Your out-of-town guests are also welcome to stay with you, and we have guest suites available.
- Privacy: Your home is your home. If you'd prefer to keep to yourself, you have the option to do so—knowing that good company, friendly staff, and helpful services are always close at hand.
- Simplicity: We take care of indoor and outdoor maintenance, and you can choose from a variety of on-site services designed to make your life as simple as possible. Parking is available if you'd like to keep your car; we also have transportation options if you'd prefer not to maintain a vehicle. Dry-cleaning (with pick-up and drop-off), housekeeping plans, meal delivery, and so much more—these options are available if and when you want them.
Independent living offers simplicity and peace of mind, and at Jacaranda Trace we're proud of our vibrant community so many have come to call home. Schedule a visit to learn more about independent living and a luxury retirement lifestyle.