If you can walk 18 holes of golf, you're getting in quite a few miles of walking that help you burn up calories as found on Golf Digest. Whether you're walking or riding in a golf cart, you will get a calorie-burning workout playing golf. Of course, getting to the 19th hole always adds a bit of fun to a day of golf.
Health Benefits from Golfing
Not only do you get a great walk playing a round of golf, but you also get several other health benefits as found on Medical Guardian.
- While exercising your legs, your arms, and your heart, you are also working your brain. While enjoying the beautiful nature around you, you use your brain to calculate your next shot. You have to determine which wood or iron will help you accurately deliver the ball the distance you hope to reach. Not to mention the concentration it takes to hit the little ball.
- The social aspect of golfing is an inspirational benefit to everyone, especially seniors.
As the article suggests, be sure to stretch, and prepare for long hours in the sun using sunscreen and staying hydrated.
Great Golf Courses in Venice, Florida
Golfers have a choice of joining a private country club or playing at various, semi-private and public golf courses. Serious golfers enjoy belonging to a club where they don't have to compete for tee times. Golfers who are not as dedicated to playing golf on a regular basis enjoy playing on semi-private and public courses. Venice, Florida is a golfer's heaven with picturesque and challenging courses to enjoy.
- Jacaranda West Country Club has been beautifully designed to accommodate different types of memberships. (Just over a mile from Jacaranda Trace.)
- Plantation Golf & Country Club is private, This golf course is the home to the LPGA Annual Tour Qualifier with its beautiful course surrounded by Florida nature and lakes. Several membership categories are offered. ( Less than 3 miles from Jacaranda Trace.)
- Sarasota National Golf offers a championship course. (only 3.5 miles from Jacaranda Trace.)
- The Venice Golf & Country Club is a private, beautifully designed golfing community that offers non-resident memberships. (Less than 4 miles from Jacaranda Trace.)
- Pelican Pointe Golf & Country Club offers 27 holes of golf with membership. (Just over 4 miles from Jacaranda Trace.)
- Venetian Golf & River Club offers panoramic views of Florida nature with non-resident and summer memberships. (Under seven miles from Jacaranda Trace.)
- Golf In Venice gives you three, semi-private, golf courses to enjoy with one membership.
- Capri Isles is just under 6 miles from Jacaranda Trace.
- Calusa Lakes is only about 10 miles from Jacaranda Trace.
- Waterford Golf Club is less than 8 miles from Jacaranda Trace.
Trying Out the Game of Golf
If you have never swung a golf club, and you want to try it out, you can always sign up to take a few lessons. Golf Digest offers a guide for anyone wanting to begin playing golf. Check with the semi-private and public courses about golf clinics for beginners.
If you are a tech-savvy senior, and you like using software applications to help your search, check out playyourcourse.com for Venice, FL. Here are the questions and answers to help you understand this application.
Jacaranda Trace: Minutes Away from Fabulous Golf Courses
Jacaranda Trace offers a peaceful and exciting place to retire in Venice, Florida. Experience an active or restful retirement in our 33-acre community offering a relaxing lifestyle for seniors. We make it easy to meet new friends through our activity-filled days. Meet new friends who already love golf or those who would like to learn the game too. See what life is like at Jacaranda Trace.